Harmful Effects Of Blood Thinning Medicines. Continuous use of any medicine can cause adverse effects. Here in this article, you will come up with the harmful effects of blood-thinning medicines. According to the law of nature, blood circulates with a particular speed and quantity in our bodies.
Harmful Effects Of Blood Thinning Medicines
Generally, the thickening of blood is not a complicated problem, but it can cause the emergence of complex diseases. That can include deadly diseases like heart disease, lung cancer, brain tumor, or stroke.
What Are Anticoagulants?
The medicines that are used for the thinning of blood are called Anticoagulants. Coagulate means when blood is becoming solid or in a semi-solid state. Anticoagulants (blood-thinning medicines) prevent the blood from sticking it to blood vessels and veins, which helps in the continuous flow of blood.
If the brain, heart or lungs do not get enough blood at the right time, it can cause serious major problems. That’s why heart patients are given anti-coagulant, which includes aspirin, clopidogrel etc. These medicines avoid the clotting of blood.
Harmful Effects Of Blood Thinning Medicines:-
The continuous use of any medicine can affect the other organs and parts of the body. But, the effects of using blood-thinning medicines are far more dangerous than other medications.
The side effects includes :-
• Having heavy periods • Problem in breathing • Increase in heartbeat • Chest burning • Blood in urine • Nose bleeding • Sore throat • More blood flow from the wound • Hair fall • Constipation • Muscle weakness • Laziness • Increase in sleep • Low blood pressure
Precautionary Measures :-
If any patient is using blood-thinning medicines, he should also take some precautionary measures.
- Avoid those activities in which there is a risk of injury.
- Save yourself from a head injury.
- Use knife and other tools with care.
- Before going for any other treatment, do tell your doctor that you are using anti-coagulant.
- Don’t use contraceptive pills with anti-coagulant.-
- Do regular exercise and walk.
Care In Food :-
Avoid foods containing Vitamin K during the intake of blood-thinning medicines. These foods include broccoli, cabbage, lettuce leaf, spinach, pumpkin and mustard seeds. When you are using blood-thinning medicines, avoid foods that also aid in the thinning of the blood.
Foods For Thinning The Blood :-
List of blood thinning foods is as under;
- Raw Garlic
- Soya bean
- Peanut Butter
- Mustard seeds
- Lettuce leaf
The foods containing Vitamin K and Vitamin E are very useful in thinning of the blood. But, you should consult your doctor before taking any step. Because;
PRECAUTION IS BETTER THAN CURE !
featured image source: washingtonpost.com
=} Also check: After Lunch Nap And Its Benefits